After much struggles, see the previous entry for the history up til now, the responseText message was successfully parsed and the information populated on the page:
Some of the pitfalls:
- Response message was a string which wouldn’t yield to any XML extraction methods. That was sorted once parsed to XML. (Response methods for XML didn’t yield anything or issues further along made me dismiss it altogether.
- It was impossible to extract any data, attempts yielded
- XML Object Element.
- HTML Object Element.
- Xpath was used to get at the data but still no luck (some remnants can be seen as code or comments).
- API was down for maintenance which didn’t allow much progress.
There were myriad of explanations and convoluted methods to get the data but the issue lay in that the information needed was in the attritbutes and not in the nodes. I’ll do a clearer, indepth write up of all the steps taken to create this but for now this shall be parked.
Some improvements I’m planning on however include:
- Automatic updating of the page when the response refreshes.
- Selecting stops by name and whether inbound or outbound.
Stay tuned for that and more!